ALL REPORTS 2007 RESULTS

Curitiba, Brazil, February 28, 2008 – América Latina Logística S.A.1 – ALL (Bovespa: ALLL11)2, Latin America’s largest independent logistics company, announces its results for the fourth quarter and year of 2007 (4Q07 and 2007). ALL operates 21,300 km of rail tracks, 1,050 locomotives, 30,000 rail cars, 1,000 highway vehicles, distribution centers and warehousing installations. ALL’s rail network serves an area that accounts for approximately 75% of Mercosur’s GDP. The Company serves seven of the most active ports in Brazil and Argentina through which approximately 78% of all South America’s grain exports are shipped annually. We offer a full range of logistics services, including domestic and international rail transportation, intermodal door-to-door transportation, distribution services and warehousing. The services are provided in Brazil and Argentina by three business units: agricultural commodities, industrial products and highway services. Comparisons included in this report, unless otherwise stated, refer to the same period of 2006. Financial and operational information, unless otherwise stated, are presented in nominal Reais pursuant to Brazilian Corporate Law. Consolidated results, unless otherwise stated, excludes the results of Santa Fé Vagões (40% owned by ALL). Numbers for 2006, unless otherwise stated, are presented in a pro-forma basis combining ALL, Brasil Ferrovias and Novoeste Brasil as if the acquisition of Brasil Ferrovias and Novoeste Brasil - that was completed in May of 2006 - were already in effect in January 1st, 2006.

Conference Calls:


English
February 29, 2008

Friday
10:00 a.m. US EST 

Portuguese

February 29, 2008
Friday
8:00 a.m. US EST

Meeting with
Analysts and
Investors:


March 04, 2008

Tuesday
11:00 a.m. (Brasília)
Gran Melia Mofarrej
São Paulo - SP
OPERATING AND FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS 
 
     
 
Consolidated volumes increased 10.1% in 2007, reaching 34.486 million RTK in 2007. As expected, consolidated volume was pushed up by a 19.4% increase in 4Q07, reflecting significant gains in safety and asset productivity in the northern network. In Brazil, volume increased 11.8% in 2007 and 22.5% in 4Q07, due to a 27.0% growth in agricultural commodities and 13.4% growth in industrial products flows. In Argentina, volume increased a modest 3.6% in 4Q07 and did not grow in 2007, adversely affected by the impact of the energy consumption restrictions on rolling stock productivity.
     
 
Consolidated1 EBITDAR increased 27.2% to R$1,062.0 million in 2007. Consolidated1 EBITDAR margin increased 8.7 percentage points to 50.3%. Year-over-year EBITDAR and EBITDAR margin growth were mainly driven by higher volumes, significant increase in return cargo and cost reductions in Brazil, partially offset by margins reductions in ALL Argentina. EBITDAR increased 29.9% in agricultural commodities, 34.9% in industrial products, 52.1% in highway services and decreased 36.9% in Argentina. In 4Q07, consolidated EBITDAR increased 11.7%, from R$208.3 million in 4Q06 to R$232.7 million.
     
 
Net income reached R$216.8 million in 2007 as compared to a loss of R$134.8 million in 2006. Net income expansion reflects the strong operational performance of the 2H07 and a R$91.5 million one-time gain due to abolition of interest expenses on SUDAM (Superintendence for the Development of the Amazon) financing that occurred in September 2007. In 4Q07, consolidated net income reached R$19.5 million compared to a net loss of R$34.5 million in 4Q06.
     
 
For 2008 we have already signed with clients 70% of expected volumes on take-or-pay agreements. This leaves 30% of our capacity to be sold in the spot market. First estimates for the 2008 crop indicate a positive scenario. The amount of planted area for this year increased roughly 4% for soybean and corn and 8% for sugar cane compared to 2007. In preparation for that, we are currently refurbishing 50 locomotives and 1,200 railcars from dead fleet and our clients have added 250 new tank cars.

     
   
1 On May, 9th 2006, ALL acquired all of the shares of Brasil Ferrovias and Novoeste Brasil. Results for 2007 will be compared with 2006 Proforma Results including Brasil Ferrovias and Novoeste Brasil as if the acquisition were in effect since January 1st 2006.
2 Preferred shares (ALLL4) and common shares (ALLL3) are also listed at BOVESPA but with no significant liquidity


For further information, please click here.